Monday, February 25, 2013

Dormont Dogs



Not quiet a reuben sandwich, but I appreciated the homage to my favorite kraut combination; I had to try it!

Dormont Dogs is a cute and quirky hotdog shop in... surprise surprise... Dormont. Located right off of Potomac, catty-corner from the famous Dor-Stop, this little walk-in has some really inventive dog combos. Lots of the hotdogs are named after streets and locales in the area, and are all pretty amazing. I highly recommend the Parking Ticket!


On to the Rueben Dog! These skinny little gourmet dogs are snuggled inside a buttery, grill-toasted split bun. The meat-to-bun ratio is a little off for my tastes at 1st, but the toppings and thoughtful flavor profiles really make Dormont Dogs' inventions worth it. That being said, I will go ahead and admit that the Rueben Dog (which was the 1st thing I'd tried there) is not my favorite. But the construction is interesting, the dog nestled down in the bun, with the kraut and thousand island dressing on top, and everything sealed in with a layer of melted swiss. Worth a try! Go for the Rueben Dog, stay for their walking tacos. And when you're done, get your hair cut at Chiodo's next door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment